Mitsubishi Diamond Series WD-73838 73-Inch 3D DLP HDTV
- 73-inch DLP HDTV with intensely vivid 2D and fully immersive 3D viewing; StreamTV Internet Media access
- Utilizes the same core DLP technology that powers the vast majority of 3D Cinemas
- Smooth120 technology for more fluid, natural motion; 16 speakers produce 32 watts of power; Bluetooth audio streaming
- Inputs: 4 HDMI, 2 component, 2 composite, 2 USB, 1 Ethernet, 1 optical digital audio output, 1 subwoofer output
- Measures 65.2 x 43.6 x 17.9 inches with stand; Energy Star 4.0 qualified
Mitsubishi Diamond Series WD-73838 73-Inch 3D DLP HDTV
Mitsubishi brings you all you need to experience the ultimate at-home experience right out of the box. A 16 speaker array capable of producing 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound, A 3D ready, 1080p display & StreamTV so you can stream HD movies without additional boxes or cables. Diamond 838, the best Mitsubishi has to offer.
3D Technology Checklist
This product is 3D-related. To help you get a great 3D experience, use our checklist below to ensure that you have everything you need. If you have any questions or want to learn more about 3D, we invite you to visit 3D 101–our center for everything 3D. To get started with 3D, please ensure that you have:
The first–and most important–item you’ll need is a 3D-ready display–whether it be a 3D HDTV, 3D projector, or 3D computer monitor. These displays usually have a higher processing power than older models as they need to display one image for each eye to create a 3D effect.
While your display is ready for 3D playback, you still need a device to read 3D content (i.e., a movie or a show). This source can be a cable box with a subscription to a 3D channel, a 3D Blu-ray Disc player, or a PlayStation 3.
In order to watch 3D, you will need to get some 3D content. This 3D content will come from the source mentioned above in the form of a 3D program, movie, or game. Please ensure that your 3D movies are in the Blu-ray 3D format, as this new format will provide the best 3D experience.
All 3D HDTVs on the market require Active Shutter glasses to create the 3D effect. You will need to buy one pair of glasses for each viewer. Also make sure that the Active Shutter glasses you buy are compatible with your display–for example, buy the glasses from the same brand as your 3D HDTV.
To connect your source (such as a 3D Blu-ray Disc player) to your display, you’ll need a hgh-speed HDMI cable. Cables with this designation–with bandwidth speeds up to 10.2 Gbps (gigabits per second)–will be able to carry the 3D signal without any loss of quality.
If you want to get more information about 3D, shop our 3D products, watch videos, or interact with other customers, visit 3D 101, our customer center about everything 3D.
Click here for a larger image.
Mitsubishi’s 73-inch Diamond Series WD-73838 1080p DLP Home Cinema HDTV utilizes the same core DLP technology that’s used in the vast majority of 3D movie theaters. DLP technology is up to 1,000 times faster than LCD technology–providing for a more realistic, sharper 2D and 3D viewing experience. It comes equipped with 3D-ready viewing technology, providing the best option for enjoying 3D content in the home.
This 838 Series HDTV also provides concert quality sound in your home without the clutter of separate home theater components. Mitsubishi’s innovative Immersive Sound Technology features 16 speakers built into the bottom of the front bezel directs perfectly balanced audio waves to reproduce 5.1 surround sound. It also includes Mitsubishi’s Smooth 120 Hz technology for more fluid, natural and smoother fast moving images and x.v.Color–a new industry standard for HD Color, co-developed by Mitsubishi)
Other features include StreamTV Internet Media (with access to the VUDU HD movie rental site and more), four HDMI inputs, USB port for viewing photos and listening to music, and wireless Internet capabilities (using optional adapter).
- 73-inch Digital Light Processing (DLP) panel uses Texas Instruments Digital Light Processing technology for rear-projection TVs to create the picture you see on screen.
- 3D TV: Experience the new 3D technologies applied to many recent movies and video games. Immerse yourself in your favorite video game, movie, or sporting event displayed in 3D (requires optional 3D eyewear).
- 1080p Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels)
Mitsubishi’s Plush1080p upscaling.Mitsubishi’s Dark Detailer (applied on left) provides added depth.
- StreamTV Internet Media access provides instant access to an extensive library of high-quality entertainment and social media content. Grab your remote and choose from over 100 different streaming applications, including VUDU HD movie rentals, Pandora, Flickr, Picasa, Facebook, Twitter, Associated Press, The New York Times and more. VUDU Movies features the world’s largest catalog of HD movies with more than 3,000 movies, and its HDX video format is the only streaming 1080p HD video with high resolution 5.1 Dolby Digital Plus surround sound available directly on Internet-connected televisions.
- Plush1080p 5G 12-Bit video processing converts lower-resolution signals to 1080p to eliminate jagged pixelated imagery.
- Smooth120 technology for more fluid, natural motion from fast-moving video such as sports, action movies, and more.
- 6-Color Processor takes the three primary colors (red, green, and blue) of the video signal and extracts three secondary colors (cyan, yellow, magenta) in order to individually process each color for greater accuracy.
- Dark Detailer provides enhanced contrast and black levels. It allows a wider palette of dark gray shades, giving a realistic sense of depth to the picture.
- DeepField imager constantly adjusts panel brightness and contrast to optimize the picture.
- EdgeEnhance technology enhances horizontal and vertical edges for a more precise picture with minimum distortion.
- PerfectColor and PerfectTint functionality gives you far more control over your on-screen picture with six independent color and tint adjustments to help you dial in the perfect picture.
- ISFccc advanced video adjustments contain the detailed standards necessary for professional calibration of brightness, contrast, tint, sharpness, color levels and much more to meet local lighting conditions for both day and nighttime viewing.
- Immersive Sound Technology with 16 intelligent speakers (producing 32 total watts of power) that direct perfectly balanced audio waves beside and behind the user to reproduce 5.1 surround sound and create an unparalleled entertainment experience. Through the use of an advanced algorithm, the sound technology delays the sound beams and projects them independently from the 16 speakers at varying intervals, to create fully immersive surround sound.
- Dolby Digital 5.1 sound processing
- Integrated HDTV tuner receives both over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (received via an antenna) and non-scrambled digital cable broadcasts, including non-scrambled HDTV cable programming.
- HDMI Control (CEC): HDMI devices with Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) capabilities may be compatible with the TV’s HDMI Control feature. Compatible devices can receive control signals through the HDMI connection, allowing the TV’s remote control to operate some functions of these devices.
- Easy Connect function automatically recognizes when you plug in a device and prompts you to assign a name to it. The TV ignores any unused inputs, so the result is an uncluttered menu where you can easily find and select connected devices by name.
- Two USB ports enable you to play MP3 music and JPEG photo slideshows on this HDTV (one port provides accessory power only).
- Wired networking via Ethernet port
- Bluetooth audio streaming lets you wirelessly stream audio from any Bluetooth A2DP device (such as an iTouch/iPhone or Blackberry) to your Unisen TV.
- Energy Star 4.0 qualified
What’s in the Box
|Series:||Unisen 154||Unisen 164||Unisen 265||3D Cinema 638||3D Cinema 738||3D Cinema 838||LaserVue|
|Panel type||LED LCD||LED LCD||LED LCD||DLP||DLP||DLP||DLP|
|Refresh Rate||True120Hz||True120Hz||True240Hz||120Hz Sub-Frame||Smooth120||Smooth120||Smooth120|
|Bluetooth Music Streaming||—||—||—||—|
|Immersive Sound Technology||Yes, 12 speakers||Yes, 16 speakers||Yes, 18 speakers||—||—||Yes, 16 speakers||—|
|StreamTV Internet Media||—|
|PerfectColor & PerfectTint||—||—||—||—|
|iPhone Remote Control app||—||—||—||—||—||—|
(Y, PB, PR)
|Wired IR input||—||—||—||—|
|MP3 and JPEG playback||—||—|
|Energy Star 4.0|
With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience.
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.